1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBC: Another smart move

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I've actually heard that it's still good, it's just hard sometimes to watch the same show for over a decade... I stopped watching the original L&O last season. Occasionally I'll watch SVU, but that's a tough show to stomach when you have kids...

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I still think Washington would be great on L&O as an ADA (with baggage)

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He's definitely a good actor... I could see him being a pretty good fit on L&O, ER or some other ensemble cast.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

ER is so godawful these days. There's nothing it hasn't done. Sam was raped and then killed her husband as he slept, and none of it was surprising or shocking. You could see both coming a mile away.

Every episode is THE MOST SHOCKING OF THE SEASON, as Tyler points out. And even the very special guest star episodes are no good anymore (though Frasier's dad dressing in drag did provide a jolt last year).

There's also no connection to the show's roots.

To summarize: Next year, the last year of its contract, cannot get here soon enough.

6. DanOregon

And I'm pretty sure that any hospital that has had the record of calamities that Cook County General has had would be shut down. I think the true jump the shark moment came when Romano lost his arm.

7. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

No, it happened when the helicopter that cut his arm off fell on him.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

How many more times can Benrubi dodge gunfire and bombs?

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

That was awesome.

NOT AGAIN!!!!

10. DanOregon

Jerry's still around? I thought he died so he could run a restaurant in Alaska with Anne Heche? I think a couple of the nurses are the only ones that have been there since the beginning. What they need to do is bring in a young medical student and follow their path toward becomming an assured doctor. They haven't done that yet.

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

A former sportswriter of my acquaintance is/was married to one of the nurses on ER.
    But I haven't watched the ER for a long time, maybe 10 years.
    And I haven't talked to said acquaintance in several years. The last time was when he was looking for some background on a screenplay idea. I don't know what happened after that.

12. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

What is George Clooney doing now?

Draft saved Draft deleted