1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBC ad refusal: Should there be outrage?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mark DeCotis, Oct 28, 2006.

1. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

He's left GE, but the NBC suits are still kissing Neutron Jack Welch's ass.

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Maybe just semantics here, but is there a difference between disparaging and criticizing?

3. markvid

markvid Guest

Wow, it may have taken only one brilliant sentence from nov to show that finally, someone gets it.

4. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

NBC may have bitten off more than it could chew shortly... one of the upcoming hosts of SNL will be Borat himself, Sascha Baron Cohen.

My advice? Tape the show and save it for posterity. If the network gets dumped on like I think it will for airing the show, then it may never be repeated.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Yawwwwnnnnn...let me know when anyone has proof. Until then, watch out for those black helicopters.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

You mean the kind of "proof" you have than Dan Rather JUST KNEW those memos were FORGED and BRAZENLY decided to go with them in an obvious attempt to SMEAR BUSH and win the presidency for John Kerry?

Proof is a two-way street.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Hondo, looking out for the interests of corporate America.

Funny why you'd side with the cowards at NBC.

And if you don't believe corporate censorship exists, you're dumber than I thought.

8. You can run whatever you want to run. You can ignore whatever pressure you want to ignore.
    When ABC apologizes for that fake 9-11 propaganda, I'll believe in NBC's innocence.
    And, please, "criticism" becomes "disparagement" when some suit wants it to.

9. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Forget my last post. Sacha was on last night, and he isn't listed any more as a host. (Then again, can you really trust wikipedia?) ;)

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Wow... I didn't know a desire to see proof of anything meant I was dumb. There goes our whole legal system.

And PS: Rather had fake documents. That was proven. Case closed.

11. Scribe4264

Scribe4264 Member

Proof? Facts? C'mon Hondo, who needs that when the libs on this board just KNOW they are right in spite of a mountain of evidence to the contrary. Ah, the Great Liberal Way!

12. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Here is the ad in question:

So, basically, NBC has refused to air an ad for a documentary which uses clips featuring GWB and his idiotic statements.

I think the biggest problem here is that W's own words can be considered ... how was it they put it, again ... oh yeah, "disparaging to President Bush."

Draft saved Draft deleted