1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA: Will you be watching when? ANSWER:NO!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by footballworld, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter which teams are playing, the NBA Finals aren't going to draw a big number in late June. People are outside enjoying the late spring/early summer.

2. Editude

Editude Active Member

Didn't watch last night, not because of bad basketball (OK, a little) but because this isn't a matchup of the two best teams. The series seemed over before it started. You could say the Colts and Patriots played the 1-2 Super Bowl in the AFC title game, but the Bears were a much better 3 than any Cavs/Pistons/Bulls would ever be.

3. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

I haven't watched a single moment, or highlight for that matter, of the Spurs-Cavs. I came out of the shower last night and that jamoke on "After Midnight" ESPN radio was whining about what a miserable team the Spurs are to watch, yet how efficiently they win with many options, and how Labron is the Cavs' only option, he must have a triple double for them to win...

Then I read the posts here, no love for the Spurs, none.

Why should I, a casual fan at best, watch something that most afficianados find either boring or a colossal mismatch? Or both?

Stern has his work cut out for him.

4. KP

KP Active Member

He's not the Hub's finest.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Will you be watching when ... it's 55-50 going into the fourth? Ugh.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

But they're "playing the right way," where the object of offense is to milk the shot clock for 22.5 seconds on every possession.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I have a problem with the NBA period. I don't even check the standings until January. It doesn't seem the players (or coaches like Pat Riley) take the regular season too seriously either. The mid-season vacation business has got to stop. I'm glad they've tightened up the playoffs a little bit instead of the three and sometimes four day layoffs in the middle of some series. Still, I find the first three quarters of an NBA game to be among the least relevent things in sports. Other nominees would include the Heisman, NHL regular season and NASCAR qualifying.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Dave Meltzer of the WrestlingObserver newsletter and website reported yesterday that the NBA Finals T.V. ratings are in the toilet.

9. Nice, the NBA is getting smacked down by WrestlingObserver

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Oh I know. And no one cares. T.V. ratings are in the shitter. But the Cavs and Spurs are "playing the right way."

11. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I don't get what you guys want.
    If the players went out there and started pulling off all these crazy dunks, you'd all say "But it wasn't like it was in the 80's when there was fundamentals".
    But if teams like the Spurs and Cavs go out and play excellent defense, you all say "Fundamentals are boring, let's see some action!"

12. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

In the 1980s, you had fundamentals, defense and scoring. You had great games.

No one wants the NBA to turn into And-1. But a little more scoring, a little more creativity would be nice.

Draft saved Draft deleted