1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA Summer Movement thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Almost_Famous, Jul 28, 2006.

1. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

we need to stop perpetuating the myth that the bulls played the heat tougher than anybody in the playoffs.

the mavs -- despite their choke job -- are the team that gave the heat all it could handle. six minutes from a 3-0 lead, lost game 4 98-96, lost game 5 101-100 in ot and lost game 6 95-92. all tight games decided by parades to the FT line by one player.

and plus, it's not like the heat were some super team. it won when it had to. it lost 2 games in the first round, one in the second to a hobbled nets team, 2 in the east finals and 2 in the finals.

2. Joe Bloggs

Joe Bloggs Member

Knicks signed Jared Jeffries to an offer sheet. ... He'll be the savior to that franchise.

3. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

My bad, good doctor - completely forgot the Bulls. Yes, they do appear in the Top 5, lock for the playoffs. I just don't think because of a few deals, they vault over everyone to No. 2

Simply an error on my part.

Look at the SF/PF logjam:
    PJ Brown
    Ty Thomas
    Ben Wallace
    Mike Sweetney
    Deng
    Nocioni
    Khryapa

I realize the salary worries with Chandler, but how will Ty Thomas grow when he's buried on this bench?

4. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

the chandler contract thing holds water .... until you realize they now owe aging, no-dimensional ben wallace $60 mill for the next four years.

5. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I can guarantee you that right now, as we speak, Shawn Kemp is either on drugs or having sex. Not exactly what I'd call a loser.

6. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I'm guessing that sex is without a rubber.

7. Overrated

Overrated Guest

All the better.

Draft saved Draft deleted