1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA Summer Movement thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Almost_Famous, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Winners? Losers?

Where will Al Harrington go?

Please. Enough with how great the Bulls will be. Overrated.

Toronto's had a massive overhaul.

No deal for Iverson or KG, which makes me feel like all the baseball diehards do right now: All talk, no action.

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

As a Pacers fan, I'm starting to worry that Larry Bird's abilities to judge NBA personnel is roughly equivalent to that of all the other '86-Celtics-turned-GMs.

3. alexg23

alexg23 Member

Going out on a limb, I am going to say Shawn Kemp and JR Rider, so far, have been big losers thus far.

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Red Auerbach waits until August to have his summer movement. He coordinates it with the preseason football issues.

5. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Knicks sign Jared Jeffries to an offer sheet for the mid-level exception. Guaranteed to win 25 games now.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

how much summer movement in the NBA would it take for someone to call traveling?

7. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

Hornets did well with their signings. Lakers got a good one in Radmonovic. Knicks still suck and the Bulls will be pretty good. Miami didn't lose anyone I don't think, so that is good for them too.

8. soccer dad

soccer dad Guest

hornets cannot be successful with darrell walker on the bench.

9. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

hated the hornets' moves and hated the bulls' moves.

10. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I'd ask why, but then the thread would continue.

11. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

the bulls essentially traded tyson chandler (still in early 20s) for .... pj brown.
    i leave jr smith out because they dealt him to denver for 2 second picks and some scrub they were going to instantly cut.

i dont care if you hate chandler, or were disappointed by his play ... but to let go a long, still blossoming F-C for a 36-year-old bruiser will get you nowhere.

the bulls needed interior scoring ... and got ben wallace and pj brown, 2 PF with zero offensive ability. BOTH on the downside of their careers.

east - top tier
    heat
    pistons
    nets
    cavs

and i really think the next four spots could be had by ...
    orlando
    washington
    toronto
    milwaukee
    boston
    philly
    charlotte

wide, wide open. if someone offered me 50:1 on charlotte or toronto to make the playoffs, i'd take both in a heartbeat

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

So, by your thinking, not only do the Bulls suck, they can't even crack the Eastern Conference top 11? So even though they added Ben Wallace and Tyrus Thomas to an up-and-coming team that played Miami tougher than any other team in the playoffs, they've fallen from the No. 7 seed all the way to No. 12 or lower?

I watched Tyson Chander play in person and on TV for four years. He couldn't stay healthy, couldn't shoot a lick, fouled too often, had zero stamina and had the hands of a 5-year-old, so passing to him in the post wasn't an option. He also was under contract for four more seasons at $44 million. What they got for him was some cap relief, so they can begin to re-sign their young nucleus, i.e. Hinrich, Gordon, Deng and Nocioni, when they begin to become eligible for contract extensions this year and the next.

It's pretty easy to tell from your opinion that you've maybe watched the Bulls play once or twice since Jordan retired the second time in '98. Kindly learn the facts before you go off spouting your non-sensical opinions about the NBA.

Draft saved Draft deleted