1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA Refs Suck

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SockPuppet, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

OK, he's been hitting shots late in the game.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

The NBA is still going on? Seriously?

We're two days away from summer and the NHL and NBA are still going on. Joke.

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Thankfully they'll be done soon. Then, we can focus on a real summer sport, the NIAFL.

Hope you enjoy fifth place, BYH. :D

4. djc3317

djc3317 Guest

there should be a rule put in place. no ex-hawks are allowed to attempt game-winning shots.
    sorry boris diaw, a rule's a rule.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hey turd monger, I'm in 2nd and holding an 11-3 lead over Modaho entering today! Shut your mouth!!

You're the Chris Shelton of NIAFL: Fast start, anonymous finish.  :D

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

You mean the same Chris Shelton that hit two home runs today. Thankfully Buck kept him on his bench today, so I should squeak out a win and hopefully keep first place for another week.

7. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Well, maybe Joe Fulks was an offensive innovator but I still think it's BS. Sure, if the defender goes airborne, maybe he's fair game. But if the offensive player is the one who initiates the contact _ if the defender is coming down nowhere near the shooter, I think the offensive player is given a huge advantage if the ref calls the foul.

Dwyane Wade, though, is the Sam Jones master of the bank shot.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

And the Heat is gonna win on a totally horseshit call

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

Make that 2 totallly bullshit calls...they fucked the Mavs out of their last time out.

10. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

I didn't see the foul there. But Howard did call the timeout, even if Avery didn't want him to.

11. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

And this is why I don't like NBA basketball. I love the game. The sport is great. But Dirk and Devin barely had their hands on Wade and there was a foul? Are you kidding me? What happened to letting the players play? I miss the 80s when you could actually use your hands.

12. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

The foul was bullshit.
    The timeout call was correct. The Mavs fucked that up.

Draft saved Draft deleted