1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA Refs Suck

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SockPuppet, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Free throws are 25-7 in favor of Miami.

Not a fan of either team, but it's pretty hard to believe Miami isn't fouling.

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I'll say this much for the refs — in a sport where nearly everyone is an incredible athlete, he's one of the few that really stands out. He's so unbelievably quick and powerful. I can see where that would cause problems with the officials.

3. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Wade IS that much better, and Miami has legitimate shot blockers.

4. Hoo

Hoo Active Member

If we're on the same page, Jason Terry hit a 3-pointer as Wade ran through Devin Harris, who was screening for Terry. It's your basic and-one call, except the FT shooter isn't the guy who hit the FG.

5. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Awful, awful, awful, awful call. That's a charge, if anything. Ridiculous.

6. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I don't see how a non-shooter can be shooting a free throw without being in the penalty.

7. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

But Dallas pretty much only shoots jumpers, and can't rebound for shit, so there's little opportunity for them to get fouled.

8. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

If all the fouls were as terrible as the one Nowitzki was called for when Wade shoved him, then Cuban and Co. have a valid argument. That was a TERRIBLE fucking call.

9. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

And the exact reason the NBA game is unwatchable in its current form. Just my honest opinion

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Nowitzki stumbled right into him.

11. Hoo

Hoo Active Member

Well, you don't understand the rules, apparently. That's the rule.

12. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Did the P.A. announcer just announce Dan Patrick as ABC's Dan Patrick? I coulda swore that he worked for ESPN and moonlights for sister Disney station ABC.

Draft saved Draft deleted