1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA Refs Suck

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SockPuppet, Jun 18, 2006.

1. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

No matter which team you're for, I think it's safe to say that the whistle blowers BLOW CHUNKS. They're favoring Wade and Shaq. The Diesel has committed about 10 fouls and been called for 3. And this BS with Wade pump faking and then jumping INTO the defender to draw the contact is chicken shit.

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

5:30 to go in the game:

Miami: 40 free throw attempts
    Dallas: 12 free throw attemps

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Other startling reveleations:

shit is brown
    grass is green
    (if the reverse is true, see a doctor and a groundskeeper)

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Players have been doing that since Joe Fulks (look it up). That's part of the game, always has been, and everyone knows it. Once a defender gets up in the air, he's at the shooter's mercy.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Not to threadjack, but what's the story behind every fan in the arena wearing white shirts?

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Joe Fulks? Holy shit. Da Man must be older than me ;D

And Walt Frazier was the best I ever saw at the pump-fake, jump in, draw the foul

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

They were doing that in the Pistons series too.

Not sure exactly why tho. Phoenix Coyotes fan used to wear all white in their arena during regular season games. I think they called it White Noise or White Out.

8. KYSportsWriter

Whatever it is, they need to stop. It's hard to look down at the court then up in the stands.

9. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

Wade tried too hard to draw a foul that time and missed short. Why, I don't know since he's been knocking down shots all night.

Been a great game.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Wade is 9 for 25 from the floor and 19 of 23 from the line

11. The team's theme for the entire playoffs has been White Hot Heat. White T-shirts for the fans, white seat covers, etc.

Pretty lame.

12. KYSportsWriter

Knocking down shots all night? Isn't he 6-of-20 from the floor? Or am I not sensing the sarcasm here?

Draft saved Draft deleted