1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA Playoffs 2012 Running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gehrig, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I have always been incredibly pro-Lebron and I think that those bashing him for leaving a team which he did not choose to play for has been silly.

However, he has seemed to play with the weight of the world on his shoulders and seemed so physically and mentally exhausted as games have gone on. I really think he has felt more relief than joy for winning the title.

Not sure if that team is equipped to repeat, but I hope he plays at this level for the rest of his prime.

2. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

That was pretty funny to watch. And there was normally-loud Screamin' A sitting over there far left, just pouting.
    I am a huge Screamin' A dissenter, just don't like that schtick, and when you team folks like Screamin'A and Skip, or Michael W. and TonyK, for argumentative purposes, that's not my favorite thing to watch on TV.
    I don't know what was more fun about that clip - seeing Skip get taken apart or having some quiet time with Screamin' A.
    Good stuff.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'm starting to sound like an echo, but I'll try again . . .

In 2010 they were 2 wins from the NBA Finals. You say they only reason they failed to win those two games (and possibly four more) was because of LeBron.

In Game 5 vs. Boston Jamison scored 9 points. Mo Williams scored 9. How on earth can you claim the "only" reason they failed to win that game was LeBron when the Nos. 2 and 3 scoring options failed to reach double figures?

But that's OK. We still have a Game 6 to play. No problem. Win that, and then try to take Game 7.

In Game 6 LeBron had 27 points, 19 rebounds and 10 assists.
    Jamison was 2 of 10 for 5 points with 0 assists. Shaq scored 11, Anthony Parker 7.
    The bench played 65 minutes . . . and scored 13 points.

The Celtics won by 9.

But LeBron was the "only" reason the team lost that elimination game? It was not because of his teammates?

In-bleeping-credible.

4. 3OctaveFart

3OctaveFart Guest

Say what you want about Stephen A. Smith.
    But the man knows his basketball.
    He just doesn't know about much else.

Draft saved Draft deleted