1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA Playoff Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by cwilson3, Apr 17, 2010.

1. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

KG suspended for a game for the elbow he threw. Sounds about right.

2. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Definitely. And I loved Noah talking about how KG's a dirty player, and he's not even playing him.

Howard now with three points and nine blocks. Nelson had 24 in the first half while Vince Carter's making Kobe and Durant look like sharpshooters: 3-for-15 so far.

3. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

Yea, this game is putrid but at least Charlotte hasn't rolled over yet.

4. Small Town Guy

This mark might end someday, but it's still worth noting. Phil Jackson's 44-0 when his teams win the first game of a series.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Bonner is already working on getting into Nowitzki's head.

6. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

That's pretty damn impressive.

7. Small Town Guy

Saw this linked on Simmons's Twitter. Good story about the back problems Bill Walton suffered, which had him contemplating suicide until a revolutionary technique helped him heal a bit.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/apr/17/back-pain-nearly-drove-bill-walton-to-end-it-all/

8. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I know it is only one game but I think we are now finally witnessing the official end of the Spurs as we know them.

The "window" on this group built around Duncan has closed. It is over.

9. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

is alvin gentry homosexual?

10. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

That's been known for quite awhile now, starting with last year's ouster to the Mavs. I'm shocked Spurs management didn't see the writing on the wall and thought Jefferson and Blair would push them back to contention.

11. Football_Bat

Parker and Ginobili are still fine players -- when healthy. That is a big if. Duncan is done as a superstar-caliber player; his knees are shot. Jefferson just hasn't worked out. Blair is kind of interesting.

The Mavs are no spring chickens either. They're actually older than the Spurs, and before they fleeced the Wiz, they looked it. Kidd is 37, Dampier is in his mid-30s and Dirk is only almost 32, but there's a lot of miles on those wheels.

12. Football_Bat

Another interesting tidbit from Mavs-Spurs I heard: Vegas had the Mavs by 6 and the points at 194, and both were pushes.

Draft saved Draft deleted