1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA Playoff Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by cwilson3, Apr 17, 2010.

1. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

Did anyone start this yet? I can't find it.

Despite Joakim Noah's best effort, the Cavs whooped on the Bulls today. Derrick Rose looked great, though.
    Looks like the Hawks are mushroom-stamping the Bucks so far. It's a shame Bogut is out.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Some really bad first-round series in the East. I can't imagine any of the lower seeds losing. I guess Miami could give Boston some trouble, just because of D-Wade. The West quarters are going to be a bloodbath.

3. mb

mb Active Member

Kinda funny. That's pretty much wfw what I wrote about the NHL playoffs. I've been juuuuuust a little wrong about that one.

4. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

Hell, the first round of the West playoffs should be great. Unfortunately, Roy is out for Portland. Would love for the Thunder to somehow take one from the Lakers in the first two. Can you imagine how insane the OKC crowd will be? Went to a game there a few weeks ago and the crowd was great.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

True, but hockey's so much more of a fluky game than basketball. Easier to hang around, hang around and steal than it is in the NBA.

6. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

Tirico: "In Boston, you don't need to give these fans towels to get them excited about a playoff game." Thanks, Mike. Very insightful, because most fans go to playoff games to get free towels.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Hashweed Wallace enters game with 3:00 to go in first. Commits two fouls in two minutes, the second one should have been flagrant/intentional (but as usual, fearing a full-blown Sheed blowup, they tag him with a common foul).

But at least Fucknuts hasn't scored in the wrong basket yet.

8. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

It amazes me how lifeless Boston has looked for most of this game. And too many teams are focusing on LeBron this summer. Wade is a hell of a Plan B.

9. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

My God KG is a bitch.

10. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I caught the tail end of that, cwilson.

Luckily this didn't turn into a full-scale Detroit melee.

Boston will probably get out of here with a win, but KG didn't endear himself with that act.

11. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Missed it, what happened?

12. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

Quentin Richardson was basically looking down to see if Pierce was ok after they collided, and KG nudged him out of the way, and KG got pushed for being a dick and just started swinging elbows because he was by the Heat bench and connected on a couple. He got ejected, thankfully.

Draft saved Draft deleted