1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA offseason thread '09: Where Chris Wallace happens

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CitizenTino, Jun 23, 2009.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Kings draft an Israeli. Mazel Tov Sacramento

2. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

Hay-zeus Christensen! Stuart Scott has been particularly unbearable tonight. ... It's time to give Capt. Boo-yah his pink slip. And hit Berman, Vitale and Mike Patrick on the butt with the door knob.

3. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

"Four first-round picks in the first round." Thanks a pantload for the redundancy, Stu.

4. Sp0rtScribe

Sp0rtScribe Member

No draft picks, and the Rockets were able to get one of the top scorers in college ball last year, a 6-7 wing that can shoot and put the ball on the floor, and some Spanish point guard to store away overseas for a few years.

Not a bad night, Mr. Morey.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

In an odd way, I kinda like what the T-wolves did tonight. If Rubio needs time to develop, well, you've got Flynn to be the man with Rubio as his understudy for a year or two. And if Rubio balks at signing with Minnesota (he was rumored as to not wanting to go there), then they call deal his rights to someone else in exchange for something else they do need.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So much for DeJuan Blair's belief that he was guaranteed to be a first-round pick. He went 37th overall to the Spurs. I guess I can't fault him for coming out early, though. Those surgically-repaired knees of his would be just as much of an issue a year from now, maybe moreso after another year playing in college.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I never would have guessed Sam Young to go before DeJaun Blair, and I never would have guessed both to be second round picks.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Young going ahead of Blair doesn't shock me. He was the better player in the tournament and he doesn't have the history of knee problems. I really thought both would go late in the first, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted