1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA off-season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Going to have to disagree with the Simmons love. I've found him to be 10 levels of odious.

2. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

He was better than Stern.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Just turned up the volume a bit after the newsies left, and ESPN sounds all sorts of awful.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Stern was on fire tonight and Hakeem coming out after the last pick with the same outfit as 30 years ago when he was the first pick announced by Stern was awesome

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I think the ESPN crew has done a great job tonight. Very entertaining compared to the usual drivel they throw up there. Reece Davis is excellent. Jalen Rose is meh, but you can tell Simmons and Bilas get along great. Good chemistry. Very little ESPNy schtick. They're having fun. But not annoying fun.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Simmons sucks. He comes across, as always, like the scared little boy who's going to get slapped for saying the wrong thing.

7. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I thought he was good.

8. AtticusFinch

AtticusFinch Member

Simmons has been highly entertaining tonight.

9. AtticusFinch

AtticusFinch Member

So yeah, looks like the Garnett and Pierce trade to the Nets is going through...

10. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

Simmons having to digest that Celtics trade live was hilarious.

To say he didn't like the trade would be putting it mildly.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I don't think the idea of the Celtics playing .200 ball for the next five years sits well with him. But then they were 24-58 in 2007 and champs in 2008.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Good luck to all the agate clerks out there (those few remaining), who have to format this NBA Draft list tonight.

Draft saved Draft deleted