1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA Off-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gehrig, Jun 26, 2012.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

+1.

2. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Ben Gordon and a 2013 first-round pick to the Bobcats for Corey Maggette:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/hockey/nhl/06/26/2012-hockey-hall-of-fame-class.ap/index.html?sct=hp_t2_a7&eref=sihp

I know the Pistons want the expiring contract, but still seems like the 'Cats did alright with that.

3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

It's weird that Gordon is only about three years younger than Maggette - Maggette's has been around forever, it feels like, but he did enter the NBA after one year in college. I like the trade more for the Pistons, since Maggette strikes me as the more talented player, they save salary in the deal and their pick will probably be in the 13 to 18 range for the next couple years anyway.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

When are teams going to learn to stop overspending on the likes of Luis Scola and Steve Novak? And then they wonder why they don't have any cap space when they want to pursue someone big?

5. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

David Aldridge: "Protection on '13 first-rounder from Detroit to Charlotte: thru Lottery in '13, top 8 in '14, first pick in '15, then unprotected in '16." Twitter

That's actually pretty good for the Bobcats. Skips from top 8 all the way to first-pick in 1 year. Big jump.

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

... which is why that's been reported all along.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/story/2012-06-26/Houston-Rockets-Chase-Budinger-Dwight-Howard-Pau-Gasol/55839152/1

7. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

So now the T-Wolves have acquired Budinger to play alongside Love, Rubio, Pekovic, Ridnour, Darko and Barea? Umm, at risk of touching on a potentially sensitive area, has anyone noticed a certain umm, similarity, in Minny's personal moves the last couple years?

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

They have quickly become Mark 2010's favorite team. No homies from the hood there.

9. Ah, hadn't seen that. Thanks.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't see Howard agreeing to go to Houston.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

He wouldn't have a choice. He may not re-sign with Houston but if Houston wants him Howard has no choice in the matter

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

If the Rockets decide to trade for Howard without getting the assurance of a contract extension, that would be ridiculous.

Draft saved Draft deleted