1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA Off-season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Decided to start one up.

Detroit News reports Pistons sign Ben Gordon to a 5-year, $50 million deal and Charlie Villanueva to a 5-year, $35 million deal.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Tay Tay or Rip are out of town soon. Probably Rip.

Starting lineup of Stuckey, Gordon Prince, Villenueva and TBD coming next year.

No way they run this mess with three guards again.

I still think Billups, Hamilton, Stuckey, Prince is better than anything they have now. They still could have added Villanueva.

Nowhere near the talent they used to have. Dumars squandered it. The effects of that Darko pick are huge now.

3. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

Cavs are said to be talking with Artest now. Could make things verrry interesting.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

How to ruin your team in one easy acquisition.... sign this psycho bastard.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

And yet, the Rockets actually got better with Artest in the lineup and McGrady out. Artest could be what LeBron needs to get the Cavs over the top. I would love that move for the Cavs.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

As long as you don't keep Ron around for more than two years, he's fine. He'll play hard and give you everything he's got. Just don't keep him longer, he gets bored and starts actinga fool.

7. Colton

Colton Active Member

Shaq and Artest in the same locker room?

There would never be a dull moment here in C-Town if Ferry pulls it off.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Apparently, Ariza is considering Cleveland. Personally, that would suck.

Obviously, I'd like to see Ariza and Odom both re-sign, and bringing in Artest wouldn't be awful.

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Pistons considering Avery Johnson for coaching vacancy?

Haven't really been a contender since they ran Larry Brown out of town.

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Maybe this is all a ploy by Joe Dumars to see how far he can push Chad Ford before drawing criticism. I don't understand the splurges for Gordon and Charlie V., since neither is a consistent, all-star level player. I hate contracts like this in general. Bill Veeck always said it's the price of mediocrity that kills you, and I'd much rather save up for clearly all-star level players than signing the good to very good guys on the market each year.

11. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Mike Brown and Ron Artest have some bad blood, so I wonder if they can put it behind themselves. Didn't Brown pull Artest out of the crowd in Detroit?

12. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Guess it all depends on how you define "contender."

The were in the Eastern Conference Finals something like 76 years in a row.

Draft saved Draft deleted