1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA Lottery selections: Chicago dude has no shame

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MU_was_not_so_hard, May 20, 2008.

1. melock

melock Well-Known Member

No way that happens. Wade is the 2 with Rose at the 1. Easy.

2. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Yeah, it's really a no brainer. Rose would be a great fit for the Heat. They really need a legit point guard...Jason Williams is not a starter anymore and Wade's always injured and is better as a SG. Rose could make some of those young guys better, get them easy looks and form a Nash-esque relationship with Marion.

3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Agreed.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Wade had already stated his preference for Rose (assuming Heat had a choice between Rose and Beasley).

Riley talked about the possibility of trading down (citing Boston last year), but most people think he's nuts to consider it.

5. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Riley's talking out of his ass.

No way the Heat pass on Rose/Beasley. If anything, I'd try to deal Marion and a few of the washed-up vets for some more young players/picks.

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

NBA lottery oddity I heard on the radio... in talking about Chicago... the Cubs have won a higher percentage of all World Series played (1.9%) than the Bulls did of winning the lottery (1.7%).

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Thought I might bump this up, given how close we are to draft day, with some news.

Mario Chalmers must know someone likes him, because he told KU today that he would stay in the draft. When he committed, he said he would only go pro if he knew he would be a top-20 pick, so he's probably going somewhere around there.

Good luck, Mario. You would have been the biggest BMOC Lawrence had seen next season, but KU fans are thankful ...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I'm surprised he's staying in. I don't see him as a top-20 pick, hopefully for his sake he's getting good info from whoever is in his ear.

9. Bullrog

Bullrog Member

fixed

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I'm sure he's getting good info. And Ty Lawson staying at UNC -- with Green and Ellington, no less, so pencil them in as a unanimous preseason No. 1 right now -- takes away another person to consider over him. Should Chalmers slip, I sure wouldn't mind seeing him dishing to Pierce next season.

11. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Chad Ford has him at #22 in his latest mock draft. I think as long as you're assured of a first round pick you might as well stay in, he doesn't have much to gain by going back to school.

I can see the C's taking a guy and stashing him overseas for a few years with that first round pick.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Who are the Mavericks going to take this year?

D'oh! :)

Draft saved Draft deleted