1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA Finals Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chuck~Taylor, Jun 2, 2007.

?

Who you got?

1. Spurs

30 vote(s)
    76.9%
  2. Cavs

9 vote(s)
    23.1%
  1. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

23 mins till tip-off.

2. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Why/what are you "boycotting?" You don't like the NBA that's fine, just curious what would make you boycott the Finals. I don't care about the NHL so I didn't watch any of the playoffs or post in any threads about them. I wasn't boycotting them, just wasn't watching.

3. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

Spurs up 17.

4. First update of the night. Shows how much interest there is.

5. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

Indeed. And I got that off espn.com in passing.

Spurs are up nine now with 2:27 left.

6. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

.........on this site.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I guess the media can call off the LeBron slurpfest. Something tells me MJ, Magic and Bird wouldn't have gone 0-for-the-first-half against the Spurs.

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

It was on at the gym. I watched the Scrubs repeat.
    I'd occasionally glance over and see that it was close, but LeBron was 0-fer, I think, I wasn't paying any attention.
    I don't even know who won. When I got back home I watched a Tivoed Studio 60, and then sat on my porch and smoked a cigar.
    So who won?

9. dog428

dog428 Active Member

In all fairness, MJ, Magic and Bird each had at least one other teammate that the opposing team thought worthy of guarding. Not so much Lebron. You send five guys at him, you get a Marshall 20-footer. Who wouldn't live with that?

10. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

When you get someone watching Scrubs repeats and a TiVo'd Studio 60, you know the interest level. (One show one of the best sitcoms on TV, the other one a drama that NBC took no care of during the year.)

I'm going to place a bet this is one of the lowest-rated finals in NBA history. But ESPN will still treat it like fans give a crap. Seriously, I'm glad the Cavs are here, but San Antonio's just too good.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That's what I fear, though I hope we're wrong on that.

12. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

So just because SportsJournalists.com means the ratings sucked?
    Shit, I didn't know everyone in America had a handle on this site. ::)

Draft saved Draft deleted