1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA Draft thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, May 20, 2013.

1. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Noel.

McLemore will go first overall.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If you miss your turn to draft, do you lose the pick or just drop down, like the NFL? You can save some money and take a comparable player

3. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Noted.

4. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

My apologies. I believe Noel will go second and McLemore will go first overall.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Is Noel even 200 pounds? He makes the Unibrow look like Dwight Howard. He can block shots, but he is going to be manhandled until he puts on 30 pounds and its not like he has any offensive game to speak of.

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

This is exactly the question I'm seen raised about him repeatedly the last few days, for example just a bit ago here: http://zagsblog.com/articles/nerlens-noel-interviews-with-6-teams-takes-heat-for-weight/

Noel, at his present weight, would be by far the lightest center in the NBA. And he doesn't really have the skill set to play anywhere but center. Between the lightweight frame, the ACL knee injury, and the complete lack of outside shooting and ballhandling skills, Noel has some rather gigantic question marks for a potential No. 1 overall.

Which makes him so very different from McLemore, the other potential No. 1. As prospects go, McLemore is just plain solid--no glaring question marks about his skill set, athleticism or really anything else. Can't see any way he fails, but he also will likely never be a star. Whereas with Noel, I could see ANYTHING possibly happening--might be a big bust, might become a superstar, who knows?

The safe better takes McLemore. The risk runner takes Noel.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

No way does he go 1. I like him, and he is a great story, but no way is he going 1.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I have a feeling this thread will have a lot of visitors over the next few days.[/baaaah]

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

According to one of the NBA draft sites, these are the NBA players the top prospects are compared to...

Ben McLemore - Ray Allen
    Nerlens Noel - Larry Sanders/Dikembe Mutombo
    Otto Porter - Tayshaun Prince
    Trey Burke - Kemba Walker/Travis Best
    Victor Oladipo - Tony Allen/Terry Teagle
    Cody Zeller - LaMarcus Aldridge
    Anthony Bennett - Rodney Rogers/Jason Maxiell
    CJ McCollum - Stephen Curry/Juan Dixon
    Alex Len - Jonas Valanciunas
    Kelly Olynyk - Spencer Hawes/Fabricio Oberto
    Michael Carter-Williams - Marcus Williams/Jerryl Sasser

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Nerlens Noel is ugly, his Mom is fffugly

11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

The bowtie does it again!

12. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Outside of McLemore and maybe Noel and Zeller, those are terrible comparisons.

Comparing someone to Spencer Hawes, Rodney Rogers or Jerry Sasser (whoever he is) is an insult.

Draft saved Draft deleted