1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA 2020 Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

206 [/KeithOlbermann]

2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Congrats to NBA Draft No. 1 pick Anthony Edwards!

[​IMG]

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

poindexter and sgreenwell like this.
  4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Seems like a foregone conclusion that the Rockets are going to do everything they can to trade Westbrook and Harden now, if they're doing things like attaching draft picks to dump Ariza.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Still a weirgen.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Blah, blah, blah blah. Salaries are linked to revenue, revenue goes down so will salaries. It’s as simple as that.

7. Sam Mills 51

Maybe. But they had to make clear to everyone involved that they weren't going to rush anything and just dump one or both of them for 15 cents on the dollar. Whether or not they actually do, they were smart to send the message that they will not rush any of this. Supposedly, they have two seasons, though I strongly suspect that one or both will stink up the room to force the Rockets' hand.

8. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I think Westbrook's value is probably close to zero or underwater at this point, except in really rare circumstances. (Non-playoff team that just needs *someone* to put up shots and carry the offense.) But, those are the teams he probably wouldn't want to play for anyway.

10. Sam Mills 51

Not so sure about that. I didn't see a way in this universe that Oklahoma City would find a way to deal Chris Paul. Then Sam Presti found a way to dump his ego, his low blows, that colossal salary ... and get a first-round pick in the deal.

If that market is out there for Paul, there's a market for Westbrook.

11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, here in Minnesota, it appears the Timberwolves are trading a pick for Ricky Rubio and two of OKC's late first selections and I swear to God most of my timeline is more excited about getting Rubio back than the guy they drafted first overall.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Paul had a great year last year. He was never going to be difficult to unload.

Draft saved Draft deleted