1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA 2019-20 thread.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

First line of the sidebar ...

2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I’m trying to figure out how a player as good as Butler is, be on his fourth NBA team.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Cuckoo bird...

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Because the management of shitty teams generally don't like it when a player looks around and says "Man, you need to fix this. This is broken."

Chicago traded him to start a rebuild and he was all they had as an asset. Minnesota was soft and indifferent and built around a "superstar" who will never make the effort to live up to his potential. Philly was a mess with two flawed "superstars" who aren't willing to put in the work to be successful.

And my god, Philly offered the max to Tobias Harris instead of making an offer to Butler. Just too dumb for words.

Miami is the perfect spot for him.

TigerVols likes this.
  5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Hermes and TowelWaver like this.
  6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

In Honor of RBG, the NBA should have cancelled tonight’s games.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I'm trying to figure out what the front offices of Minnesota, Chicago and Philly have done right to get the benefit of the doubt.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

True enough - Philly underachieved this year, Miami overachieved. What does that say?

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Management and coaching matter?

11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Circle gets the square.

12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

re: Butler, those teams aren't great, but I think its also been acknowledged / reported that he's a pain in the ass as well. Both things can be true. If you go back to the 2018-19 thread, it started because he was getting into literal screaming matches with teammates. (And hey, I had forgotten that the Heat were hot for him, even back then!)

Draft saved Draft deleted