1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Naturally, no thread yet on Romney's speech Thursday

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Yawn, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

He didn't preach the virtues of Pastor's ape ancestry.

Ignorant Republicans. ::)

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Seriously, when given the chance to start a thread about it, you have to attack someone here instead? What are you, 12?

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I just saw something on the wire, and as a rule, I try not to post AP copy until it is on someone's Web site.
    Of course you could have started a thread, but it is easier to rip someone than actually do something.

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Stop the presses! An American presidential candidate believes in God!

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Um ... I know you have me on ignore .... but ...

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/50090/

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Well, as Pastor says, it's irrelevant to believe in a bogus God rather than respect our grandmother's grandmother.. (200 million fold) was an ape. That's a 2 point bump in the moveon.org poll.

Having said that, the speech was no different than Kennedy responding to his Catholicism in the 1960 election. And he's an icon of many of you.

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Nice start to the thread, but it was born on Dec. 3. He made the speech today.

8. Football_Bat

Most of us are on the Gregorian calendar, power tool.

9. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Caught part of the speech at work a few moments ago.
    He was talking about the "values that his family was founded on and still believes in today" or somesuch.
    What WAS impressive, though, was his lack of paper to read from. At least he can speak candidly and unrehearsed and not stumble all over himself like many politicians do.
    Finally, he hasn't earned my vote.

10. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

"Extra! Extra! Presidential candidate says personal faith no impediment to governance! Invokes Founders! Espouses values! Extra!"

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Wow, one of the most blatantly racist things I've ever seen posted on this site.

(Of course, I'm presuming you're referencing evolution and as far as I know, Pastor is white, but still.)

Congrats, you're officially at the front of the bigot line.

12. Football_Bat

Teleprompters are amazing, aren't they?

Draft saved Draft deleted