1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

National Trivia Day

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jan 2, 2013.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Mount Whitney, which is just above my house, is 14,495 feet. It's the highest peak in the lower 48 states.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Joe Jackson is the franchise leader in career average for the Cleveland Indians (.375) and Chicago White Sox (.340).

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Who caught the final out in Game 7 of the 1985 World Series?

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

For more than 10 years I worked for one of co-inventors of Trivial Pursuit. (He remains a friend, or I guess as friendly as a bum like me could be with a guy with that much cash.) He told me the first question ever written for TP was a geography question about the Ginza.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Did you ever ask him about the Moops?

Sammy Haggar wrote the Rick Springfield song 'I've Done Everything for You.'

6. There is a fish that survives dangers by hiding in the anus of a sea cucumber. The fish is called the Pearl Fish.

(I am going to get one of those fish and call him Buck)

7. If you divide 1 by 998,001 you get all three digit numbers from 000 to 999 in order

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Marven Gardens is not a street and it is not in Atlantic City.
    It is a section of Margate, two towns south of Atlantic City on Absecon Island.
    It is spelled 'Marven,' not 'Marvin.'

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

In Walter Johnson's last game of his career, he didn't pitch. Instead, he was a pinch-hitter for pitcher Tom Zachary, who earlier in the game, gave up Babe Ruth's 60th home run of 1927.

10. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Barry Bonds, Mel Ott and Dusty Baker - Since 1918, these three are the only hitters to have a certain single-game feat more than once in their careers.

Only 56 other players have even done it once.

5 PA and no at-bats

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Duck Commander Phil Robertson was the starting QB for LA Tech before Terry Bradshaw.

12. Wade Boggs was born with both a penis and a vagina

Draft saved Draft deleted