1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

National Post deconstructs how godawful SNL is

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportsed, Jun 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sportsed

sportsed Guest

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Not that the NP is wrong, but perhaps SNL should do a skit on how hard that particular newspaper also sucks.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

Who airs SNL in Canada?
    CTV?

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

So we need a three-part series to tell us SNL sucks. You can learn that by watching for 3 minutes

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well, that made me laugh.

Is there a more irrelevant newspaper in Canada than the National Post?

Hell, I gotta figure the Burlington Post has more subscribers than that rag.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

6. hardin moose

hardin moose Member

If there's anything more tired than SNL obituaries, it's white-guy-gangsta-rap parodies. So much for shining moments.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Global -- the network and the NP both share the same owners. Sounds like they won't be bidding for SNL when the current deal is up.

8. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

A very serious warning for anyone remotely inspired after reading that story's lead: DO NOT BUY JAY MOHR'S SNL BOOK. It, even compared to the current season of SNL, is remarkably unfunny. Almost completely void of any anecdote you'd share with a friend. Even if it's in the $1 bin at your local used book shop, buy a 20-ounce Vault and you'll find it hilarious by comparison.

9. flaming_mo

flaming_mo Guest

People have been complaining about SNL for years.

Am I the only love who loves (and has loved, for a long time) MadTV? Most of my friends hate it or have never seen it, but I'm addicted to MadTV reruns on Comedy Central.

10. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I started watching SNL when I was 12. Wasn't really funny then, not funny now. Too bad, it was a clasic.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

That's what the author wants to be true, but it isn't.

There has never been a time when somebody hasn't been trying to knock the wheels out from under SNL.

I take that back. They weren't trying to do it when it was brand-new and the thing the cool kids were doing between 11:30 and 1 on Saturday nights.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

They can bag other skits all they want, that was fricking hilarious ...

http://www.nbc.com/Video/videos/snl_1432_narnia.shtml

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.