1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

National League MVP

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PhilaYank36, Sep 5, 2007.

?

Same as the AL: who should get it?

1. Chase Utley, 2B (PHI)

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  2. Jimmy Rollins, SS (PHI)

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  3. David Wright, 3B (NYM)

6 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. Jose Reyes, SS (NYM)

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  5. Prince Fielder, 1B (MIL)

10 vote(s)
    37.0%
  6. Jake Peavy, SP (SD)

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Eric Byrnes, OF (ARI)

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  1. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Here's the link to Jayson Stark's article, which also provides some important facts:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=stark_jayson&id=3002888

This all depends on the outcome of both the East & Central races. If the Brewers fail to make it, Fielder is out of the question, plus he has just 27 hits with runners in scoring position.

If the Mets win the East, Wright will be a big reason why, and you can just look at his second-half stats to see why. Plus, I've noticed a marked improvement in his defense, too.

If the Phillies win, Rollins has been sick all year at the top of Philly's lineup. Not only that, he's the only major contributor to that offense who hasn't been either hurt, slumping or both.

JUST FYI: I plan on resetting the vote in a couple weeks because odds are that a lot of things will change between now and the last 10 or so days of the season.

2. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Philadelphia isn't winning anything, so vote accordingly.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

My vote goes to David Wright.

4. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

If it's a position player, it should be Wright in a walk ... assuming the Brewers don't make the playoffs.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Eric Byrnes must be on this list.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

But....but....don't you see that Reyes is the only real candidate?!?! He creates havoc on the bases! Every Met would be batting under .200 without him intimidating and distracting pitchers!

Oh shit...nevermind...he ain't here. :)

I agree on Byrnes, by the way. No way he wins it, but he belongs on the ballot.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Awaiting rant from Simo ... wait ... he can't. Hmmm ... what other topics can we start? How about a salary cap debate in MLB? Or comparing MLB to the NFL? What else ... little help?

8. SnoopyBoy

SnoopyBoy Member

I would give Ryan Braun some love, even though he's a rookie. He's hitting .335 with 28 homers and 76 RBIs and didn't come up until May I think. Brewers wouldn't be where they are without. That being said, I'm not sure where they are.

9. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Hanley Ramirez

10. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

OK, it's probably impossible to be an MVP when your team is 18 games out or whatever. I voted for Wright.

11. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Andre Dawson would beg to differ.

Draft saved Draft deleted