1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

National Ice Cream month, your fave

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Doom and gloom, Jul 16, 2006.

1. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Freakin' awesome reference!

2. Cadet

Cadet Guest

SF has scraped too many tubs ;D

I did Baskin-Robbins duty but still love ice cream. Just could never understand those flavors that came in colors not found in nature...

I like anything with chocolate, except chocolate chip cookie dough, from just about anywhere.

3. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

1) Don't have one.

2) Huckleberry

3) Grandma's blend. Don't know what she puts into it (she makes it in the garage while the rest of us are playing cards/digesting dinner), but it always makes an appearance at family functions.

4. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Yes, yes. Breyers is the best, by far.

Favorite ice cream place: Cow's. But their mint chocolate chip is very wimpy.

5. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

Graeters Black Rasberry Chip. Mmmmmmmm!!!!!!

Now, because of this thread, I might have to go online and have some over-nighted to me.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Favorite brand: Blue Bell, the finest packaged ice cream on the face of the Earth and they have a neat tour of their facility nestled in the heart of hill country in Texas.

Favorite flavor: Chocolate with chocolate syrup, although anything with peanut butter cups is awesome.

Don't have a favorite recipe or homemade flavor. Don't like them as much.

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

1) Cold Stone Creamery (with Thomas Sweet's shops in Princeton coming in second)

2) If we're takling straight flavors (and not combinations like at Cold Stone or a DQ Blizzard) then it's chocolate.
    If combinations are allowed, then its Chocolate Devotion or Peanut Butter Cup Perfection at Cold Stone)
    Chocolate Devotion - http://www.coldstonecreamery.com/secondary/creation.asp?id=24
    Peanut Butter Cup Perfection - http://www.coldstonecreamery.com/secondary/creation.asp?id=8

3) Don't have a recipe for homemade ice cream nor I have ever tried it. I've only had store-bought or from an ice cream chain (Friendly's DQ, Stone Cold, etc.)

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I take a bowl of Breyer's all natural peach, let it thaw out a bit 9that's the hard part) and spoon some organic peach preserves over the top.

It's good.

9. John

John Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted