1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

National Ice Cream month, your fave

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Doom and gloom, Jul 16, 2006.

1. Doom and gloom

Doom and gloom Active Member

1) Your favorite retail Ice Cream joint, store bought or shoppe.

2) Your favorite retail flavor.

3) Your favorite homemade ice cream (recipe welcome)

Mine:

1) Cold Stone Creamery.

2) German Chocolate blizzard mix at above.

3) Plain vanilla with an Eagle Brand base beats anything on this earth.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

My favorite ice cream is the stuff Lana licks when she talks to Joel about her proposition as they sit on his dad's Porsche while overlooking Lake Michigan.

And my favorite ice cream is hard french vanilla loaded — LODID — with Nestle Chocolate Chips.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

1. This balls-out awesome gelato joint in the western part of town
    2. The chocolate-peanut butter gelato from said joint, just edging out the black raspberry chocolate chip at Graeter's in Cincy, the coconut brownie at another local place and the peppermint chocolate chip at the late and lamented dairy in my hometown.
    3. Long time since I've had homemade, but I have childhood memories of peach made in an oak bucket in the backyard of my grandparents' house.

4. Doom and gloom

Never heard of that brand or type (LODID?)

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'm sunned out. Too much baseball today. Too much sun.

The first is reference to Risky Business.

The second is how I eat ice cream: I go buy french vanilla and I buy a bag of chocolate chips, and I mix the two together.

6. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Having worked in a Baskin-Robbins for several years, I don't eat much ice cream these days. But when I do, my favorite is chocolate chip, certainly.

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

always, but especially this time of year, mint chocolate chip. 8) 8) 8)

8. When I was a kid, there was nothing like the thrill of walking into a Marble Slab Creamery, ordering the cheesecake flavor and having the person making it toss in strawberries and scoop into a waffle cone...

Here where I live, we've got a Coldstone, a Bryers and some family joint that nobody goes to.

Two years ago, first trip to Florence and I still can't get the taste of the gelato out of my head...

9. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Mint chip now, mint chip tomorrow, mint chip forever.

2a and 2b.. chocolate and strawberry.. the kind with large chunks of frozen berry. the good stuff

10. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

1) I have no idea what the name of the place is, but whenever I go to Jasper there is the ice cream and choclate shop where they make everything themeselves. awesome ice cream and awesome choclate. Always have to load up on a few different pieces of said choclate and get a big waffle cone.
    Also from my youth I remember there was a company that travelled around, town-to-town selling ice cream, they would be driving a yellow refridgerator truck, and although you could buy all sorts of different food products from them (mini-pizzas, meat pies and I imagine all sorts of other things) my favourite was their ice cream, didn't matter the flavour, it was nice and rich and just plpain awesome. I think the company was called Schwans, or something like that. I'm not sure if they are in opperation any more or not.

2) In a standard flavour contest maple-walnut wins hands down everytime, especially if it is in a waffle cone.

3) never had much by way of homemade ice cream.

11. Doom and gloom

Fresh strawberries in homemade vanilla is to die for....along with bananas.

Blue Bell homemade vanilla is right at the real thing.

12. KP

KP Active Member

Mint chocolate chip from Cold Stone
    Coffee from Hood
    Vanilla from Bryers

Draft saved Draft deleted