1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nashville

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Just_An_SID, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

So who watched this tonight?

It is hard to argue with a show that has both Connie Britton and Hayden Panettiere. . . Mrs. Coach and the cheerleader Hero.

The first half-hour has been solid. Hayden's character is an absolute slutty bitch. . . which means I like her already.

2. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Like it. I'll be watching again.

Panettiere has clearly taken some acting lessons since Heroes.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The Bluebird is, literally, the closest beer to my bedroom at the house I grew up at...and I worked in the biz for five years, so I know a bit about the culture, to say the least.

And, damn, they were spot on with the details. The costumer deserves and Emmy for getting the look exactly right. And the storyline, particularly about recording the three songs and looking through thousands, was exactly right, too. And the quick scene with the mayor wannabe talking about a potential ballpark? That was shot at the site of the Sounds' potential ballpark. Authentic, indeed.

Sure, there's a few cliches, but that's TV.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Not to mention the new label head not giving a crap about artists at a label before they got there. Very Johnny Cash and typical of pretty much any business.
    I hope they go into the labels that launched after country "boomed" - and perhaps have Connie Britton realize at some point that she was the "new girl" at one time who bumped off a Loretta Lynn-type.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'm totally sold on this show. Sixty minutes in, and they've developed layers for the top 6-7 characters already.

6. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

Loved it.

Especially now that Tami Taylor AND Bunny Colvin are back to work.

Great show. Been looking forward to it. It definitely delivered. Just read where Britton is doing her own vocals for the show.

Great character development in the first hour.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I thought the same, lots of charcter development in a short time without being rushed. The scene with Hayden on the phone with her meth-addict mother defintely allows you to have some empathy for her character.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Very good show... Probably the best I've seen of the new ones, not that I've seen them all... I still have Elementary and Vegas sitting on the DVR.

Based on the first show, I have no doubts this show will be great. I just wonder how they can get more than one season out of it...

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

dvr'd it. havent wtched yet. but i'm expeting to be 'all in' from the get go. all i need is to hear the cast includes 'connie britton' and i'm melting....

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I was resisting it initially, even though I love Britton, because I freaking hate that dumb little cheerleader from Heroes.

As someone else pointed out, she's had acting lessons or gotten a lot better since then because she was pretty damn good in the first show.

11. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Watched baseball last night, instead of this. Definitely will be watching it online at some point this weekend.

Even without baseball, it's a killer time slot, going up against CSI and Chicago Fire, another show that seems to be pretty good from the previews. Have to watch that online too.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Didn't see the show, but I ogled the poster for a good long while.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted