1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nashville Predators moving to Canada? NOPE! Sorry, Canucks (and KC!)...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, May 23, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

That's the best you can do in your first appearance here in a couple of months? :)

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And now we can't shut him up. :-\ :D

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

I'm pent up, man....it's like I'm visiting my favourite brothel at the end of Lent. ;)

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Isn't funny how Leopold took 175 million instead of the 225 mill offered by Ballsile, then ends up with the Minnesota Wild.

I'm sure Bettman had nothing to do with that.

Ballsile went about this completely the wrong way but these transactions are so shady. Really no surprise considering who Bettman is willing to let own teams in this league.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

No different from Major League Baseball where Jeffrey Loria was allowed to run the Montreal Expos into the ground and trade the carcass straight up for the Florida Marlins, whose owner then bought the Boston Red Sox. World Series titles abounded for the Marlins and the Sox, while the Expos lingered in a coma briefly and then died. Or how about Bud Selig still pulling the strings with the Milwaukee Brewers and milking that city for a new stadium while Commish For Life of baseball? Or Art Modell flipping Cleveland the bird and moving the Browns to Baltimore.....we could go on for hours.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Keeps getting interestinger and interestinger...

Two NHL owners who stood to gain if William J. "Boots" Del Biaggio III bought a stake in the Nashville Predators lent the California financier and the team a total of $27 million to help close the deal in December, according to court records, interviews and confidential internal documents obtained by The Tennessean.

The two lenders — sports and entertainment giant AEG, which owns the NHL's Los Angeles Kings, and then-Predators owner Craig Leipold — were in the inner circle of NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman. However, Bettman says he knew nothing about the loans to Del Biaggio at the time the Predators' sale was finalized in December.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080730/SPORTS02/807300432

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted