1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NASCAR writer Ed Hinton leaves Orlando Sentinel

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by ondeadline, Jan 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

and i'm sure this is all in the best interest of the readers of the orlando sentinel

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

And it's good to know Hoppes has the "upmost" respect for Hinton

3. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

Still not getting all the vitriol here. Orlando made a decision about what it wants to do in the future. Ed Hinton disagreed and chose to leave. Done and done. Someone want to fill me in on how, precisely, Lynn is the bad guy here?

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Y'all should be careful. We are going after one of the board's sacred cows.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

No one said Lynn is the bad guy here.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

What the hell does this mean?
    No one is a "sacred cow."
    My earlier point is that Lynn has been upfront with this board for ages - someone point out an example where he hasn't been. No need to think he's not being one here.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Just because we think the Sentinel screwed up doesn't mean we think Lynn is the one at fault people. We've all worked in newspapers. We know how little control our editors have over coverage decisions at times.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Sacred cows? I wouldn't go that far. But Hoppes posted three times on this thread, perhaps three more than most editors would, and one of those posts was for a job opening. We're all adults and know that such an ending doesn't happen in all of these cases anymore. I was guilty myself of thinking that early in this thread.

So Hinton is gone, everyone wishes him well, and Orlando is filling the seat.

Enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.