1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NASCAR running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by franticscribe, Jan 17, 2011.

1. JoshLongIsland

JoshLongIsland New Member

Re: NASCAR champ Jeff Gordon back in Chase -- with Long Island native as his spotter

My bad...

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The Richmond fallout begins. NAPA tells Michael Waltrip Racing that it doesn't want to be associated with a bunch of dirty cheaters and ends its sponsorship.

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/9692730/napa-auto-parts-leaving-michael-waltrip-racing-chase-scandal

3. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

More like the fallout continues. Kudos to NAPA. Couldn't have happened to a better prick, er, person. Only surprising thing to me is NAPA leaves after this incident but stayed after the jet fuel thing and Mickey's DUI.
    I'm also thinking Ron Hornaday Jr. got a chuckle out of the news.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So the Marty Reid thing? I have to think it had more to do with ESPN getting out of the sport than the flub right? It isn't like he had the wrong car. There have been worse boo-boos that weren't as quickly corrected on that network (ahem - Craig James, Craig James).

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Search "Marty Reid Fail" on YouTube. This was not an isolated incident. He was in the middle of a contract in the middle of a season. It's not like they said 'you're done at the end of the year.'

6. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

When I saw Greg Biffle accost Jimmie Johnson during Johnson's post-race interview at Martinsville I was thinking what would have happened if he had tried that stunt on Tony Stewart or Ryan Newman.

7. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I would like to see that.

8. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I just saw this and am surprise, and saddened, because I loved Marty when he had the call for NHRA. Paul Page is horrible after all these years. I'd still like to have Marty back on drag racing.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

So, in case you didn't notice, the season is over.

Same dude won the Championship.

I'd go start a silly season thread...but why bother?

#RIPNASCARInterest

10. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Yeah, pretty interesting how Johnson's sixth Cup win has not seemed to generate as much coverage in the mainstream media as it might have in the not-so-distant past. Petty, Earnhardt, now Johnson. Three greats.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Pretty much how I feel too.

Draft saved Draft deleted