1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NASCAR Citizen Journalists Town Hall meeting on Twitter

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by rpmmutant, Jul 28, 2009.

1. rpmmutant

rpmmutant Member

I am about to embark on my first Citizen Journalist Town Hall meeting. From what I can gather, it will be like a teleconference with Twitter updates. So far I am on a social stream with Whirly Pig, Rubbins and Hothem. Will let you know how it goes.

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I don't know how well Twitter will work for a Town Hall meeting. A chat format would work much better.

3. rpmmutant

rpmmutant Member

Twitter was only part of the deal. There was a video conference. The citizen journalists submitted questions, some in advance, some during the video conference via Twitter. As far as I could tell, if you didn't have a Twitter account, you couldn't submit questions during the video conference.
    The questions were pretty standard stuff. Some, including one of mine, was about the changing technology and how it is affecting coverage of NASCAR.
    It wasn't much different than a typical teleconference. Only much shorter. There were 45 viewers and the video conference lasted about 30 minutes.

4. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Did anyone ask if Joey Logano is a virgin?

5. rpmmutant

rpmmutant Member

Bobby Labonte was the guest. Joey Logano never came up. But Jeremy Mayfield did.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Mayfield's married. Unless their marriage is really weird¹ I'm pretty sure he's no virgin.

¹I'm talking this level of weird.

7. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Who in that photo has the most silicone and botox in their face?

Draft saved Draft deleted