1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Napa Valley suggestions (among other things)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bydesign77, Feb 6, 2013.

1. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I guess when I say Napa, I more meant that region and not Napa specificially ... Looks like a good winery to check out

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Redwoods Park is a bit of a drive from Napa.
    People often think of the Bay Area as northern California, and Napa, which is east of that area, but it's not really. There's plenty north of it, and it's a haul. As I mentioned, I wanted to go to Lassen and Redwoods, but it's like an eight-nine hour drive from my house. It was only supposed to be a three day-two night trip, and I didn't want to spend 16-18 hours of a 72-hour trip getting there and back. Not my idea of fun.

San Diego's only five hours one way.

Anyway, none of this is really relevant to the conversation.

3. My suggestion is to forgo any hotels and stay just at B&B's. There are a ton of great Bed and Breakfast's in Napa Valley.

4. godshammgod

godshammgod Member

Take some time to visit the town of Healdsburg. Great restaurants and a few great bakeries. Also, the Alderbrook winery is great. I don't know much about wine, so I really enjoyed their tasting. I learned a little bit, without being overwhelmed. They also have great port.

Draft saved Draft deleted