1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Names in cutlines

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by MartinonMTV2, Apr 24, 2011.

1. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

When I opened this I was assuming Heywood Jablome had made his triumphant return.

2. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Too bad he doesn't just use the one he already has.

3. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Two things piss me off (well, a lot of things piss me off; these are two):

Things like cutlines and copy not matching.

And people saying that just because you understand why something might happen more than it used to means you don't care about it. ("People more interested in making excuses than fixing the stuff.")

If a desk that used to have six people on a routine night (including many well-trained veterans) now has two or three (many cheaper new people, which isn't their fault, just the way it is), things that used to be routinely caught and fixed won't be anymore.

That's not an excuse. It's a simple fact.

There's a solution: Hire a bunch more people and go back to six people on the desk on a typical night.

That's not going to happen.

So these things are going to happen.

And Martin, if you have an ironclad way they WON'T happen, then you need to stop wasting your time on here and share it with the newspaper industry, because you'll help the business out and make a lot of money in the process.

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

^

But you're wasting your breath.

Draft saved Draft deleted