1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Name every QB to win a Super Bowl

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jan 30, 2012.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It's cool. I never would've caught the mistake if you hadn't pointed it out.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I will point out, I got the Colts' one-pass guy. I remember his pass.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Nailed the winning QBs in less than three minutes. Got all but two losing QBs in about two minutes but had zero idea who QBd the Raiders in II and the Vikings in IV.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Got all the winning QBs with two minutes to go, must have spent two minutes trying to remember the last one, a guy who has won the SB within the last three years. What a drag it is getting old.

5. I got Hostetler...and missed [the other Giants QB]. I'm an idiot

Also missed [Redskins QB], [Another Raiders QB], [Redskins QB] and [TAMPA BAY QB]!?

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

On the winning quarterbacks, I got all of them except for Theismann. And that sucked, because I was like, "1982 Redskins," but I couldn't remember the quarterback.

The last two I remembered were Hostetler and, strangely enough, Brees.

I was surprised to get as many as I did. I guess the Super Bowl is that ingrained in our collective conscious.

7. Dick Whitman

It's funny what people said about how their heads can't keep the amount of sports trivia that they used to. I was talking to my wife the other day about how when I was a kid, it would just drive me crazy that my dad couldn't just rattle off World Series winners and batting champions and so forth for each year. Nowadays, I have to think long and hard sometimes to recall the prior year's champion in sports. I think the switch over to 20__ screwed a lot of us.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

There was a time I could name every single Final Four team back to at least the 1960s and UCLA's run. Now I can't remember who played last year. Except I know zag's favorite team was in it.

9. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

All but one ... missed Stabler.

10. Dick Whitman

Another reason is that until a certain point in our life, there was nothing of more importance than what was going on in the sports world. In late September, when I was 8 - hell, when I was 18 - who won the American League batting title was more important than where I was going to college, who I would marry, how I did on my calculus test, and what I wanted to do when I grew up all put together. Now it's escapism. And it's tougher to make room for that.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I wish I did have more room for that. It would fill days like this when I'm watching Francesa and Kim Jones on YES.

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Batting average is such a regressive stat.

Draft saved Draft deleted