1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NAACP leader outed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jun 12, 2015.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Well, I know I'm African-American.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

"cut off her balls" is the proper phrasing. She is a woman, her name is Caitlyn.

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

If Caitlyn Jenner tried to enter the women's heptathlon at the Olympics, would they let her compete?

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I may be crazy.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

A white man who claims he was born in the 'wrong skin' and identifies as being black has began a Twitter campaign.

A Twitter user who calls himself Godfrey Elfwick wrote a post saying he had been born to white parents but believed he was black.

Using the hashtag #wrongskin, he said he stood in solidarity with Rachel Dolezal, the US black rights campaigner who was outed today as being white.

Dolezal, who leads the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) in Washington, is said to have been falsely portraying herself as black for nearly a decade .

Godfrey, who identifies as a 'genderqueer Muslim atheist', wrote on Twitter: "My name is Godfrey. I am WrongSkin.

"You may not have heard of that but it means I was born to white parents and have white skin but I identify as being black.

"It's not a joke.

"It's not OK to mock us.

"It's not easy to live like this.

"Our struggle is your struggle."

#WrongSkin: Twitter campaign by white man who 'identifies as being black' goes viral - Mirror Online

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

It was only a matter of time.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Ho-lee-shit, this story's really gone national.

Without completely outing myself, I've spoken to/been screamed at on the phone by Ms. Dolezal in the past — back when she imagined the entire population of North Idaho was leaving nooses on her doorstep because she was, you know, bi-racial.

My unprofessional opinion is she literally has a mental disorder. She's delusional and has driven many family members out of her life because of it ... but when the web of lies you spin provides for your livelihood, it's hard to back down.

I will say the sole reason this story came to light (local papers had it Wednesday evening and Thursday) is because after awhile, the bullshit meter goes off so long that you can't ignore it.

Her parents eventually came forward after she repeatedly threw them under the bus, and finally we had a story.

EDIT: By "we," I don't mean I wrote the story. But I know the reporters who did, and they've been after it for awhile. If given the time, even the tamest local media get sick of being bullshitted.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't know how you break that story without a reference to the chill going up your spine.

Songbird and YankeeFan like this.
  11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I would not trust the Olympics to be the judge of anything.

Is there an objective definition of gender? Is the question itself a display of ignorance, bigotry and or hate?

The person now self identified as Caitlyn Jenner apparently has a penis, testicles and a prostate gland and lacks, from never having them ,ovaries, a uterus, a vagina and mammary glands. Physical breasts are not mammary glands.

To suggest that one has the emotional, mental, intellectual inclinations of a female, is to beleive that being a woman has nothing to do with physiology. That reduces women, and men by implication, to having different and unique emotional, intellectual and behavioral characterists. Jenner feels she is woman, and all the make up, surgery and artifical hormones are just outward expressions of her emotional being. Those outwartd expressionas are self required.

Why does Caitlyn Jenner feel the need to display herself as a glamourous woman as opposed to a preppy woman, a gentile country woman, a tom boy, an athletic woman. Jenner has chosen as a female persona the embodiment of a rather shallow, vain-glorious woman.

12. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

No, his name is Bruce, he is a man.
    Caitlyn is just another part of the Kardashian's freak show

Draft saved Draft deleted