1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

N.Y. Rangers prospect Cherepanov dies

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Trey Beamon, Oct 13, 2008.

1. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Mr 05,

No.

He had one physical prior to the draft. At the NHL combine. That served as the physical examination that all NHL teams worked from. He might have been asked by other clubs to come in for interviews and testing but he did not opt to go.

YD&OHS, etc

2. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

The heavy metal made it much, much worse.

3. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

In Soviet Russia you must bribe EMT to stay whole game.

4. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

Stolen from another message board. I'm going to post the whole thing, since it's a translation.

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Wow.

Thanks for that, Smash, though part of me wishes I hadn't read it.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

That's gut-wrenching stuff. Reminds me a lot of the scene following Hank Gathers' collapse. I remember watching the morning news the next day and seeing people wailing outside the hospital after he was pronounced dead. And the picture of a wide-eyed Gathers sitting upright on the floor after he fainted still spooks me.

7. Flash

Flash Guest

If anyone remembers when my old friend Darcy Robinson died in Italy last year, the autopsy results were finally released last month. It was ventricular fibrillation (VF) or sudden cardiac death.

8. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

I guess I should explain something. In a book I wrote that focused on the 06 and 07 drafts, I reported that one of the 07 prospects (whom I did not name) was diagnosed with a heart murmur. It WASN'T Cherepanov. No notations on his medical reports.

YD&OHS, etc

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I just was in a meeting where I sat across from a man who saved a person's life last year by using a defibrillator.

Doc, or anyone else, would the defibrillator have saved this young man's life or at least given him a fighting chance?

It should be law that every workplace have one of these machines in functioning conditions.

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

11. Flash

Flash Guest

All Canadian Hockey League arenas are required to have a defib on site.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I'm sure the same is true in the USA.

All the schools in my country have them and the building administrators are required to be trained in their use.

How many newspapers have one?

Draft saved Draft deleted