1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

N.Y. Chapter of N.O.W. blasts Kennedy's betrayal

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Jan 29, 2008.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Oh Christ, when will the victimhood of Hillary Clinton by Feminists -- a group who supposedly are the anti-wimpering woman, of course, that is until they need to play the wimpering-woman to "prove" sexism or Misogyny.

I suppose this same group has no problem with people taking shots at McCain because of his age, or Obama because of his race, or Romney because of his religion or Guiliani because he's bald and he "just seems mean" etc., etc.

I am so sick of this "hillary is persecuted bullshit" that is coming from the only group of people who seem to want her in the White House and mostly because of her plumbing, not her policies.

2. Guy -- You make an interesting point. In fact, it is one of the only interesting things about the possibility of HRC as the nominee. Will the press give her some kind of honeymoon? (I'm not asking for McCain Love here.) I don't think so. You think they might. We'll see.
    Boom, lord above, give it up. Gene Lyons and Joe Conason put the "lost billing records" myth to bed five years ago. (Lyons did it in Harpers five years befoe that.) The billing records were personal financial records to wich the Clintons had every right, they were removed from Vince Foster's office long before they were subject to subpoena, and they proved that everything HRC had said about her role at Rose as regards Whitewater was true, and the NYT was making chicken salad out of chickenshit again, as was its wont under ol' Howell since the paper coulnd't back down from its original flawed Whitewater story.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Sort of like -- there is nothing, nothing that speaks to issues when people talk about McCain being too ugly or too old to be the president? Sort of like, two days of "controversy" about Oprah endorsing Obama? Sort of like, people talking about the church that Obama goes to being too African? Sort of like people saying they won't vote for the guy because his name sounds too much like America's Public Enemy No. 1?

It is a presidential election for christ's sake and 24 hour news hae 24 hours to fill with mostly nothing -- and unfortunately the way to get viewers to tune in is to NOT talk about issues.

Hillary is not being singled out, picked on, unfairly treated or given any more or less bullshit about her appearance, her likability than any of the other candidates who still have a chance to win.

Get over it.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Wow, you are way, way wrong about it.

Or perhaps I was just imagining that picture of her that everyone exclaimed made her look so old and near death, and all the fuss that raised about her looks.

No one has been looked at more critically than Hillary, both on the issues and off. Some of it has been misogynistic. But some of it is honest, critical looks.

5. Her research finished, Cadet returns to the thread.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

As far as the cited Chris Matthews quote, he must've had a big-time change of heart.

If Hillary had a dick, Matthews would be puffing away lately.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Cadet, I know you didn't say that everybody who is against Clinton feels that way because she is a woman, but you did say that the the sexism her campaign has faced is "astounding, disgusting and demoralizing," so I think the misunderstanding by some posters is completely understandable.

8. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I understand the comments on Hillary though I may not agree, but Obama? Please provide an example.

9. I think slap is talking about the slime that's going to be aimed at Obama, not anything he himself has said.

10. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

So Slappy doesn't want Obama or Hillary to run because the Republicans will turn devisive? That doesn't make sense.

President Stupid is divisive because he refuses to work with the other side and would rather divide and conquer than explain his positions like a rational individual. Neither Hillary nor Obama have demonstrated this. In fact, Obama has gone out of his way to point out that he would like to avoid divisive behavior.

Draft saved Draft deleted