1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

N.Y. Chapter of N.O.W. blasts Kennedy's betrayal

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Jan 29, 2008.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Probably could have put this in the Ted Kennedy thread, but I thought it deserved its own thread.
    Should I have expected a women's rights group to blast a senator that has defended women's rights because he doesn't endorse a woman?
    I'm surprised they're not blasting Obama's betrayal for getting in Hillary's way for her run to the White House.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Agree with everything you said, EStreet. I suppose anyone who doesn't vote for Hillary is a misogynist. What do the ladies of SportsJournalists.com think of NOW's position.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

It was brought up already in the Kennedy thread.

I don't see how it affects them. I mean, is an Obama presidency going to be bad for women?

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I am going to hope this story is from The Onion.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I don't think they believe that. I think a Hillary surrogate made a phone call, honestly.

6. Christ, what a bunch of maroons.
    Ever closer, zeke. Ever closer.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You know you want it, FB.

8. EStreetJoe

In defense of NOW, it should be pointed out that this is the position of the NY Chapter - Hillary's adapted home state. The national NOW chapter is weakly trying to disassociate itself from that position.

9. I remain Fired Up.
    Ready To Go???????
    My feet seem to be moving...

10. EStreetJoe

I missed it in the Kennedy thread -- must've gotten lost in the debate on JFK's legacy. :)

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Oh, I realize that. NOW, as a whole, is way too smart and perceptive to alienate the next potential President with a baseless campaign smear. It's still an untenable position, local chapter or no.

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

That's entirely understandable.

Draft saved Draft deleted