1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

N.Y. Chapter of N.O.W. blasts Kennedy's betrayal

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Jan 29, 2008.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Probably could have put this in the Ted Kennedy thread, but I thought it deserved its own thread.
    Should I have expected a women's rights group to blast a senator that has defended women's rights because he doesn't endorse a woman?
    I'm surprised they're not blasting Obama's betrayal for getting in Hillary's way for her run to the White House.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Agree with everything you said, EStreet. I suppose anyone who doesn't vote for Hillary is a misogynist. What do the ladies of SportsJournalists.com think of NOW's position.
  3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

It was brought up already in the Kennedy thread.

I don't see how it affects them. I mean, is an Obama presidency going to be bad for women?
  4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I am going to hope this story is from The Onion.
  5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I don't think they believe that. I think a Hillary surrogate made a phone call, honestly.
  6. Christ, what a bunch of maroons.
    Ever closer, zeke. Ever closer.
  7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You know you want it, FB.

8. EStreetJoe

In defense of NOW, it should be pointed out that this is the position of the NY Chapter - Hillary's adapted home state. The national NOW chapter is weakly trying to disassociate itself from that position.
  9. I remain Fired Up.
    Ready To Go???????
    My feet seem to be moving...
  10. EStreetJoe

I missed it in the Kennedy thread -- must've gotten lost in the debate on JFK's legacy. :)
  11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Oh, I realize that. NOW, as a whole, is way too smart and perceptive to alienate the next potential President with a baseless campaign smear. It's still an untenable position, local chapter or no.
  12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

That's entirely understandable.
Draft saved Draft deleted