1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

mystery sports editor/sports reporter position

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Methodtomymadness, Aug 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boots

boots New Member

Blind ads just aren't right.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I wouldn't send them "personal contacts" if they're not willing to offer the name of the paper.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Knowing the turnover rate, the odds favor Benton.

ADD: The ad description narrows it down. It has to be Benton; they cover Benton and Bryant High. The other 3 are either one-school towns or (in Paragould's case) has 2 midsized schools. Plus the Benton paper covers Bauxite and Harmony Grove.

Get in, get your clips and get the hell out.

4. Sounds to me like it's that paper in N.C. where everyone quit a couple weeks ago because the new buyers planned to gut the company (perhaps the corporate office is located in Arkansas?). Can't recall exactly where, but for some reason, the Mount Airy area (or near it) rings a bell.

5. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

Except the ad says it's located in "beautiful Arkansas." Other than that, you might be correct.

6. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Bring a shotgun for duck season, a fishing rod for the mountain trout and a paddle for the Buffalo and White rivers.

Parts of Arkansas are beautiful. Parts of it are uglier than a donkey's ass.

7. You just have to wonder how many people may have seen that ad, but with no contact info, put the brakes on and said "no way."

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

It's like the priceline.com of job ads.

9. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

If it didn't say "beautiful Arkansas" I'd swear it was Martinsville.

10. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Oh, it's definitely Conway... I'd almost bet money on it.

11. Any particular reason why you think that, spup?

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Can't be Conway. The ad doesn't mention a D-IAA college, and besides, Conway is still a one high school town. (That may change in a few years if Conway keeps growing.) (St. Joseph doesn't count.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.