1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MySpace Tom = liar!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Feb 18, 2008.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Silly Mike, that was for Pup.

2. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

The real question, then, is, Does he have a blog and live in his parents' basement?

3. forever_town

You mean a BLOG! He does have that.

I'm sure he's wealthy enough for his parents to live in his basement. At the very least.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but at least I've got my health.

5. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

If he's 37 and claims he's 33, he's four years older than he claims, not five. And who says journalists can't do math?

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Actually, based on the time the article was written, he claimed to be 4.9 years younger than he actually is.

7. Kar33mSkyhook

Kar33mSkyhook Member

I'm with you on that Mike.

BTW, what is the obsession over these two sites?
    I don't get it, it's not just the HS/college girls either, some 30+ men and women have accounts there as well.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

A buddy of mine from California called a few weeks ago and he put his friend, a girl, on the phone with me. For 10 minutes, we spoke about why I should get a MySpace account. She couldn't convince me. I see no merit in having an account -- Facebook, too -- other than catching up with old friends. But, if they were really my friends, I'd know where they were or how to get a hold of them anyway, wouldn't I? The last thing I need are athletes I cover or my current and probable employers searching for me only to find something I'd rather keep hidden from them.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Signed up for the myspace under a fake name. I've found some friends I had lost touch with that I now catch up with again. It's easy to protect yourself, though I won't disagree for a second with the warning that the world wide web is, ahem, WORLD WIDE.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Hmm, good idea. Consider me Buck Naked.

11. forever_town

That's one way to *ahem* get attention. ;D

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I bet I'll get a couple friends with that name.

Draft saved Draft deleted