1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My wife's car was stolen

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big Buckin' agate_monkey, May 21, 2012.

1. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

So ... long time since we've updated this thread.

Got a letter from insurance saying they've done their work in trying to get restitution and have exhausted their options. It's up to you now. Yes, I understand how obnoxious this is.

So I call insurance and say, "Since you're done, I need to know every call and correspondence you've had with the attorney's office, what was said, date and times for calls, etc. Everything." Surprisingly, he shared a lot of information. Turns out, the attorney said on July 17 that the criminal was given 10 years for two counts (didn't know what the counts were). The case is now closed and that restitution was not ordered.

This means no deductible. No reimbursement for the stroller and car seats.

I'm working on contacting the attorney to find out if it wasn't even requested, or if the judge denied it. Either way, who is going to cover this deductible?

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The guy who didn't lock the doors?

[/tea party]

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I suppose you could ask to garner the asshole's wages, which will end up being about 3 cents an hour.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

It's like $1.something an hour.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Spit. Take.

6. Baron Scicluna

Yeah, but they have to let him keep some of his earnings to buy his smokes and toothpaste.

7. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

I never expected to get the deductible back. But when this asshole wins a quarter mil from the lottery two weeks after he's released early for good behavior, I want mine.

8. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

An, oh btw, apparently a 10 year sentence is actually only worth 120 days ... even when it's your third felony before the age of 21.

9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Glad you got the car back, but bad news about the insurance company.

People disgust me.

10. Baron Scicluna

Then just go and beat the shit out of him until he gives you the money. :)

11. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Anyone else seeing an ad at the bottom of this page that says in huge letters "CRIME PAYS!"?

12. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that Fruit Pie didn't get away. . . he must have been a real twinkie.

Draft saved Draft deleted