1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My wife is going vegan

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by azom, Dec 19, 2007.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Sorry to shit on the sarcasm. Peeve of mine. :) But are you willing to factor in that health care costs have outpaced inflation by double digit numbers? Lipitor (and the costs associated with people taking all of the relatively new blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes, you-name-it, etc. medications) wouldn't be accounting for longer life expectancies if people ate healthier and weren't so much fatter and in poor health than they were a generation ago. And we wouldn't have quite the health care crisis on our hands that people are so wrapped up in at the moment, because we wouldn't be keeping people alive longer by spending a fortune on these self-inflicted medical problems.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I got all the humor I need for a while reading about Norman Stansfield's fantasy football victory this past weekend. 8)

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Very nice. Nothing gets on my cock. Seriously. It's sad.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

No way, sir. I'm a gamer ... like Cal Ripken and Jeff Feagles ... and A.C. Green.

5. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Vats of dong = soy free

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Well a lot of middle eastern women have surgery to have their hyman restored so I guess it's possible.

7. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

A lot of my friends are vegetarians.

My brother and his wife are vegetarians. (They are pregnant right now, and it'll be interesting to see if they make their kid one.)

While many of them are very thin, they don't seem totally healthy to me. Something seems missing.

The older I get, the more I realize the most brilliant phrase ever was, 'In everything moderation.'

And that includes meat.

8. Gold

Gold Active Member

My 12-year-old daughter is vegetarian and I can deal with that because she doesn't put anybody else out. I don't think I could deal with her being a vegan. It's one thing not to eat a hamburger, it's another thing not to eat pizza (and don't tell me that something with imitation cheese is pizza).

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, bro, but this story is fucking hilarious.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I laugh at the memory, too. But every time I am handed a nacho platter, I can't help to think back to 2002 and cringe.

11. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

I think they do that in India :)

12. joe

joe Active Member

Well, god bless you Ragu. But there's no way I could go through life without a juicy medium rare to rare porterhouse steak and a baked potato with a shitload of butter. If it moos, oinks or cock-a-doodle-doos, I'm eating it.
    Life's too short. I'd rather live to 70 and eat what I want than 75 and eat twigs and beans all the time.

Draft saved Draft deleted