1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Stir Fry

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Dec 19, 2006.

1. I use spaghetti for noodles and coat them with peanut butter, olive oil and crushed red pepper.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Never tried it. If it has fish in it, I won't touch it. Is it fish sauce, or sauce for fish?

3. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

If you try to knock me, you'll get mocked.
    I'll stir fry you in my wok.

4. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

fish sauce ... sorry.

5. The Big Ragu

That sounds like a great idea. I will try that one time. The crispy noodles would work really well under the veggies. I am glad I started the thread for that suggestion alone.

6. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

The Highway 101 stir-fry is one of my go-to dinners early in a relationship. It gets serious when I break out the scampi and spinich alfredo with whipped dark chocolate mousse for dessert.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Do not use the bean sprouts.

Probably the easiest way to get food poisoning, short of eating raw chicken.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

[​IMG]

ahhhhhh, foul fowl....

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

More garlic.

10. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

It sounds fantastic.

Fish sauce, I think, is used in a lot of Thai dishes.

Garlic is something I associate with Italian... I might nix the garlic... Add shrimp and you've got something I think I'd really enjoy.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Every cuisine uses garlic--well, not perhaps not the North American whitebread cooking that many of us were brought up on.

I guess you wouldn't like a recipe for one of my favourite chicken dishes: Forty Clove Garlic Chicken.

12. The Big Ragu

I go absolutely nuts with the garlic when I stir fry. It needs it. Sometimes I add minced garlic to the hot sauce, in addition to slicing some garlic really thin and coating the wok with it.

Draft saved Draft deleted