1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MY SON GOT ENGAGED!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Dec 16, 2012.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Wonderful news.

2. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Glad to hear your good news. Thanks for sharing.

3. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Awesome, wonderful, stupendous news. Congratulations. Now who's footing the honeymoon bill?

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Pestcontrollers for noob of the year!

5. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I'm always up for hearing good news. Congrats to Moddy, Mrs.Moddy, ModdyJr. and future Mrs.ModdyJr.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Mazel tov.

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

that's great -- and very important. it helps so much when all districts are thrilled. and as the young man's dad -- coming at this as the father of 3 boys myself -- i can say the two biggest concerns of any parent is seeing the couple-to-be interact to detect proof that the person your child about your baby'; and that his/her parents are as pleased by theiir child's choice as you are with yours.

you want to be reassured that your son/daughter isn't headed straight into an anvil. and reassurance the future in-laws don't want to dominate the happy couple. this is of particular concern to the parents of the groom, i believe, who fear being leased outta the picture by the overzealous parents of the bride.eft out of

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Congrats to all! Hired a wedding singer yet? :D

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Congratulations...

Not that it will be an issue with you, but play as nicely as possible with her parents as possible... It will pay dividends in the future...

I definitely wish my parents had heeded that advice.

11. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

Mazel tov!

12. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

I remember a few years ago reading on here your advice to your son after a breakup, to the effect of you'll find someone, and this isn't the end of the world. I'm glad to read he listened, and how it led to today's happiness.

Draft saved Draft deleted