1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My publisher got fired on Monday

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Colton, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

come to think of it, that person was dyepack? think moddy would let him come back for one post?

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

You can write that on the walls in lipstick.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I wanna shoot the whole day down.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

You trying to shut down the board, IJAG? It has been for less, ya know.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Sorry, dools. Just taking a break from doing briefs.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

If it will help you do them well.

7. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Huckleberry,

If you want to find out about the person in question, send someone a PM. No need to jam up this thread.

8. FuturaBold

FuturaBold Member

well Mid-South is no longer ... The Heartland takeover is official ... It was pretty rough and some fine people lost their jobs (abruptly with no severence, etc.) ... I still have mine but am still reeling from all that has happened the past few days ...

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

yes, and ...?

10. beanpole

beanpole Member

I'm a former cnhi staffer.

cnhi has to make two mammoth interest payments a year after purchasing a ton of papers in the late 1990s from Thomson. The month before the payments are due, the corporate finance people do what's called the "sweep" in which they siphon every single dollar out of every out of the accounts of every newspaper in the chain. No bills except payroll get paid that month so each paper can offer up as much cash as possible. Syndicates and cell phone companies actually started making collection calls as bills went 45 days past due.

Once at one of our sister papers, corporate inadvertently took too much money and didn't leave enough for payroll, but the cash was dropped back in just in time to cut employee checks.

Good times.

11. boots

boots New Member

DAMN.

12. I love heart-warming stories like this. They give me the warm fuzzies, make me all giddy inside knowing I work for the Fat Cats.

Draft saved Draft deleted