1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

my new top 25.... your comments are very helpful...thanks.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jason_whitlock, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Minnesota like a fish out of water on the road against a real West Coast team.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

. . . and I thought West Virginia could be this good, a year ago . . . but still think #2 is
    pressing it, at this point.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

We'll certainly know more next week. I'll hold judgment until then. But we still won't know about WVa.

LSU looked mighty impressive, more so than Aubie, I thought.

4. Congratulations Jason for not being one of those voters will a full flaming hard on for Notre Dame!
    You realistically put the Irish close to where ought to be.
    These jackass than want to give ND a blowjob and a national title trophy everytime they win a game steams me.

Maybe ND deserves to be higher, but NOT yet. They still need to prove it.

5. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I agree with Dirk on Cal. They should at least be No. 24 or 25

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Heard an assclown radio talking head today, discussing Auburn as "we" and he was bemoaning the Tigers got passed over again.
    Herb was bitching about Ohio State, saying "Did yew watch Iowa? Did you watch Penn State?" as if OSU wont deserve to be No. 1 with its schedule by the end of the season. Well, hairweave dickbrain, I also watched Mississippi State and Alabama and Mississippi and Arkansas State and Buffalo -- so quit your homerism and your bitching, you assclown...

7. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

And Washington State, which couldn't differentiate between its asshole and elbow in that game, in what was Aubie's big OOC date of the year. </cougarfanboyrant> Auburn shouldn't be anybody's No. 1, but they should be close. They get past LSU this weekend and ...

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

They play like they have, and they certainly will.

Actually, I'd say they're the sixth-best in the SEC right now, largely because Joe Kines could turn the alto section of a Baptist choir into an elite defense. Trouble is, you can parallel park a battleship in the gap between fifth and sixth right now.

9. I am sick of the bashing of Notre Dame. Sure the Irish escaped Georgia with a win. And Penn State is a year or two away from being scary.

Now, Notre Dame does get its cupcakes, but Michigan, Michigan State (will be ranked when the play), UCLA, USC, and a surprising Air Force will give Notre Dame good games.

What about Florida State? There is no uproar over that? The Seminoles escape their house with a seven-point win over Troy!! Troy, which was Troy State until this year.
    That win (if you want to call it one) should cost the Seminoles. They should be 15-20 at best.

Now, Notre Dame does get its cupcakes, but Michigan, Michigan State (will be ranked when the play), UCLA, USC, and a surprising Air Force will give Notre Dame good games.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

What the fuck? Where is Ball State? How 'bout a sympathy vote for losing by one freaking point to Indiana?

Dammit Jason, you've got to start working that pimp hand for the better of the alma mater, otherwise I'm going to question aloud whether your pimp slap is akin to Lamar Lutrell's javelin throwing. :D

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Allow me to steal Starman's thunder and point out that Michigan State is ass.

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

The secondary and offensive line looked pathetic Saturday.

Draft saved Draft deleted