1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

my new top 25.... your comments are very helpful...thanks.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jason_whitlock, Sep 10, 2006.

1. 1. Ohio State
    2. WVa.
    3. USC
    4. Auburn
    5. LSU
    6. Florida
    7. Notre Dame
    8. Texas
    9. Michigan
    10. Virginia Tech
    11. Tennessee
    12. Florida State
    13. Iowa
    14. Oregon
    15. Oklahoma
    16. Louisville.
    17. Georgia
    18. Boston College
    19. Miami
    20. Boise State
    21. Rutgers
    22. TCU
    23. Clemson
    24. Texas Tech
    25. Alabama

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

Don't think Texas will drop all the way to 8.

5, maybe 6, but not all the way to 8

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I still think WVU is rated too high. Boston College might be too. They won yesterday, but they shouldn't have.

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

I know a lot of people are drinking the Rutgers Koolaid, but damn........Illinois is kraptastic, and Zook is already having Illiniland looking forward to basketball season.

Is Rutgers THAT good to be in the top 25?

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I agree, FH.

WVU blew out Marshall and Eastern Washington. I don't see how that warrants a No. 2 ranking. I'd wait until they've played somebody, Jason.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

They probably are. But I'd put Clemson ahead of them still. Probably Alabama too and if Texas Tech is as good as everyone says, perhaps them as well. But their gimmicky offense seems to exagerate things too.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Jason has a hunch/scholarly opinion on West Virginia and he's sticking with it. No harm there, especially in September. Not sure Iowa should be 13 after life and death struggle with mighty Syracuse, but that's a minor, minor quibble.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

WVa definitely too high.
    Rutgers MAYBE 25th but no higher...and the schedule gets even easier from here (Ohio U and Howard next 2 weeks, then Big East opener against USF....5-0 and not all that good)

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I also think Notre Dame should be higher than Florida. One win over an ACC team, and a convincing win over a ranked Big Ten team should mean more than blowing out Central Florida.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

1) OK< last week you had WVA No. 1. They won this week and you dropped them.
    I have no issue with your 1-2, but why drop WVA when it did what it was supposed to do?
    2) Alabama sucks. Should have beat Vandy by two touchdowns at home and it came down to a second string kicker because the first stringer has been hurt (and sucks. Any assclown who goes 29-of-43 on field goals and calls himself 'Money' has big stones.
    3) See 2.

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

me thinks Ala gets pretty well thumped in the SEC this year (ducking throwing debris from dixiehack)

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Also -- UT beat Air Force by a point, at home, and they don't move?

Draft saved Draft deleted