1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My New Neighbor -- What to Do?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Webster, Jul 25, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

How long did it take for "Fuck him in the ass" to be posted?

We're slipping.

2. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

IJAG had to call us out on it for not getting to it quicker. It was a grievous oversight.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Webster,

Seems like he is a bit obsessive, obviously. Not sure if he means well or is just horrified that your house isn't perfect.

Having strained relations with the neighbors isn't fun. Neither is listening to him tell you what to improve.

So next time you see him be the aggressor. Compliment him on his lawn or the beatufil rose bushes or whatever. Just keep it on him.

If he gets around to what your landscaping needs, you are saving up for it or working on it and wish you had his touch, etc. etc.

Just turn it back to him in a positive way. He'll probably get off on that.

If that doesn't work, then go with the bologna.

4. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

I said to fuck the wife on the first page. assumed the "in the ass" part was understood. It was later added for clarification.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

While "... in the ass" can generally be assumed around here, we like to tack it on in case visitors stop by.

Makes them feel at home.

6. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

I swear to God I thought this was a parody thread.

But now that I know that it isn't, I am going to vote you find something to get on him about. Is he a shitty dresser? Everytime you see him, tell him he should be wearing something else. His wife walks by, ask him what corner she works on.

7. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

Did the previous owners tell you about him? If not, it's grounds for a lawsuit: failure to disclose an existing fault in the house. Or next to it, at lease.
    Meanwhile, tell him about the plans for the snake habitat in the backyard.

8. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

You know, I'll vote for that. If it works for you.

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

"He says again, 'Good fences make good neighbors.' "

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

-take him up on some of his suggestions but do them really half assed on his side of the house.

- Do the work late at night and make a lot of noise.

- tell him your funds are tight and ask him to lend you the money

- Tell him you are not too good with tools and ask him to do the work for you.

11. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

The best answer to this issue came from a gentleman I used to have the honor of working with, James H. Jackson of the Baltimore Sun.

Suffice it to say with eight or nine kids, that his lawn took a pounding. And when the neighbors came over to rag on him about it, he took them aside and said, "I'm growing kids, not grass."

12. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

say to him "Hey neighbor, I hear paying for yardwork is a great housewarming gift"

or just say him to him "thanks for the advice, if you insist on repeating the advice, just call me Boots"

Draft saved Draft deleted