1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

my 'man-crush' on timberlake...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Jul 20, 2011.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

lives on. as does my hetero crush on the fantabulius emmylou:

the coolest dude on the planet AGAIN strikes gold with jimmy fallon:

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2011/07/justin-timberlake-and-jimmy-fallon-history-of-rap-part-2.html

anyone else come close to justin in the 'coolness' department? a 'dude's dude' supreme. 8) 8) 8)

emmylou rocks da house. whatta voice. what a woman: http://theaudioperv.com/2011/07/20/emmylou-harris-new-orleans-719-fallon/

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Question: How many of the songs they did did you know? :D

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

i'd have to go through it again to be sure but i believe i was familiar with all of 'em. ;) :D 8)

only in the last five years, when i stopped driving and thus ceased listening to fm music stations, did i morph into such an old fart that music trends escaped by consciousness. ::)

4. maberger

maberger Member

i like that he seems not to take himself too seriously.

and emmylou harris = genius

5. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Gotta admit, I was thinking the same thing last night after watching Fallon and seeing him host SNL last weekend. Guy is very cool and seems to be pretty level-headed despite all his success and the hot women he dates.

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

his parents are probably AWESOME. kids with early success who grow into level-headed, too-cool-for-school adults don't get this way by accident or without the best role models. ;)

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Emmylou Harris is tremendous. I agree with that.

8. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

It's OK to have a mancrush. I have one, too.

[​IMG]

9. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Does Jetes know?

10. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

My wife does. She knows if Mr. Saraceno ever comes a-calling (yeah right), I'm gone.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'll freely admit that I think JT is the man, too. He is totally cool.

12. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

Between JT and Ryan Gosling (and it is absolutely bizarre for me everytime I remember they were on the Mouseketeers together), I now hesitate to make jokes about Disney Channel brats. For every Child Star Bot it churns out, one or two more dudes like that is well worth it.

But, yeah, guy seems very cool, and I also wonder about his parents. It's sad what a surprise it is that he's normal and not some melted-down trainwreck, but it seems like a huge achievement given how early he became famous and how consistently famous he has been since (in various capacities).

Draft saved Draft deleted