1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My last 2 1/2 hours of eating..........

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Jan 1, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Also, shredded wheat is great in the morning. It makes my stomach feel satisfied.

2. GoZags!!

GoZags!! Member

I have had a hard time trying to find a yogurt I like that doesn't taste too "yogurty" and about a year ago stumbled upon Yoplait Light It is *awesome* 100 calories, no fat, 14 grams of sugar, and great flavors like Key Lime Pie, blackberry, cherry, strawberry, etc. I seriously haven't tried a flavor I didn't like.

3. I lost 60 pounds in three months. I didn't go to the hospital. It can be done.

That's more than I ingest some days. I'm always below 20. Sugar has been my opponent, not carbs.

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Love the Yoplait Light Vanilla yogurt. And on Weight Watchers it's only 2 points for the cup. The Weight Watchers brand vanilla yogurt is good, but not as good as Yoplait Light.

5. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I keep it around as well. It makes for a nice reward after a healthy day. I also like salsa, which is fat free. But I tend to eat too many baked chips when I buy it. A bit of advice on top of past advice, steer clear of most of the so-called healthy frozen meals. You'd be surprised how bad some of them are. A good rule of thumb is to only buy foods that draw less than 30 percent of their calories from fat. I firmly believe in that. Some foods are low in calories, but then you look and discover that 35 to 40 percent of those calories are from fat.

I've tried the light vanilla yogurt as well, but I just can't eat yogurt. It doesn't do it for me. The only way I can handle it is if I throw some fruit and nuts into a blender with yogurt and milk for a smoothie. And I don't do that very often because it requires actual work.

6. GoZags!!

GoZags!! Member

I haven't tried WW yogurt - have you tried the WW snack cakes that look very wee and are very expensive but might squelch a sweet urge?

7. leo1

leo1 Active Member

my house, too. i love, love, love dark chocolate. i buy only the high quality stuff. the thing is, no matter how much you love the stuff, you can't really eat more than one or two squares -- or a splurge of 3-4 -- because it's so rich. it's not like potato chips where they taste so good it's tempting to eat the entire bag.

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

The small/very wee Weight Watchers chocolate snack cakes are very good for 1 point (but not always enough) and can definitely squelch a sweet urge. The WW muffins (3 points) are even better at squelching the sweets urge, but very crummy (make sure you eat over a plate unless you like crumbs all over the place).

Draft saved Draft deleted